スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

Food-related Book

 

I am going to introduce a book I am reading as part of my class.

The book is called, "The Meaning of Rice -A Culinary Tour of Japan-" written by Michael Booth. 

It was published from Vintage in 2018.

I chose to read this book because it was a book related to Japan, and I also wanted to know what kind of meaning rice has.

I learned that this book is about the author, Michael Booth, and his family going on an epic journey in Japan to explore its dazzling food culture. They discover intriguing future food trends and meet a fascinating cast of food heroes. 

The book has 35 chapters and the sections are divided by areas of Japan. Each chapter talks about a specific food. How it's divided by food makes me easier to understand that the author is going to talk about different kind of foods ad how rice is related to that.

Michael Booth is an English food and travel writer and journalist. He writes regularly for a variety of newspapers and magazines. He has written other books like "Sushi and Beyond : What the Japanese know about Cooking."

The book touches upon Japanese food and I am most interested in rice because it's the staple food of Japanese people.


コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Restaurant Review

 I went to a restaurant called, "Jasmine Thai" and it's a restaurant inside COREDO Muromachi . COREDO Muromachi is a shopping and entertainment complex located in the historic Nihonbashi district at the very heart of the city . This restaurant is certified as Thai SELECT . Thai SELECT is a mark of certification awarded by the Ministry of Commerce, the Royal Thai Government to guarantee the authentic Thai taste of Thai food products and Thai restaurants in Thailand and overseas .  This restaurant had this red symbol , which is Thai SELECT Classic , and this is awarded to Thai restaurants of excellent quality . I went to eat with my parents, and we ordered spicy papaya salad , fried shrimp spring roll , shrimp fried rice noodles with basil and chili , and massaman curry . First, about the service , I give three stars out of five. The waiters were polite and we didn't get stared when we were eating . Also, they served all the food relatively quickly . Next, the quality ...

Analysis of a Poem

As part of an assignment, me and my parter made an analysis of a poem called, "Potatoes" written by Linda Hogan . First, I will introduce the author. Linda Hogan was born on July 16, 1947 in Denver, Colorado . She is an American who writes in a variety of different genres. Her concentration is on environmental themes . This is the poem. Potatoes , Linda Hogan This is the month of warm days and a spirit of ice that breathes in the dark, the month we dig potatoes small as a child’s fist. Under soil, light skins and lifeline to leaves and sun. It is the way this daughter stands beside me in close faith that I am warm that makes me remember so many years of the same work preparing for quiet winter, old women bent with children in dusty fields. All summer the potatoes have grown in silence, gentle, moving stones away. And my daughter has changed this way. So many things to say to her but our worlds are not the same. I am the leaves, above ground in the sun and she is small, dar...

Analysis of the Restaurant Review

 Today I'm going to do an analysis of a restaurant review I was assigned in class. The restaurant review is this video on YouTube. Istanbul Restaurant Review (↑Click this link to watch the video!!) The video is called "Istanbul Restaurant Review" by a channel called "Safs Life" . The restaurant she reviews is called " Istanbul Restaurant ", and is located in Birmingham, UK in the Handsworth Wood area .  The woman in the video mainly talks about the good points, but also mentions the bad points. The good things about this restaurant: - Service :  People are very lovely/welcome . They're really smiley , and the waiting time is very quick . Takes only five minutes to serve the starters. Once you're finished with your starters, they're ready to bring out your main dishes. She says that she didn't wait any of the times she went there. - Quality of food : You can tell it's fresh . The meat is so soft. However the amount they give you i...